Total Commitment. Due to its short length of roughly 115 cm, the SnakeTail is ideally suited for use as a lanyard between climbing harness and ascender or other rope securing equipment, as a redirection anchor, as a short safety line or as… In fact, it appears as if the versatility of the application possibilities for the SnakeTail are virtually unlimited.
With and Without. The grooved ring of the SnakeTail is removable. Simply unscrew the safety screw of the sleeve and push back or remove. Now, the grooved ring can be pushed out of the rope eye. The free rope friction sling can then be used as a lanyard.
For Perfect Combinations. With the ring removed, the SnakeTail can quickly be connected with the RopeZipper, a newly developed shock absorber, which can also be used alone. With the help of a simple anchor knot, it becomes an additional, compact, PPE certified aid, which provides a streamlined and versatile solution with generous safety reserves for a wide variety of tasks. Here, once again we see the strength of the modular construction of many ART products.
Special Rope. The rope of the SnakeTail (MegaTwin 8mm) is the result of a collaboration between Hubert Kowalewski and experts from the renowned rope manufacturer, Gleistein, in Bremen. The core of the kernmantle rope is comprised of up to 50% Dyneema and up to 50% polyester. The sheath is made of polyester, which is abrasion-resistant and UV-resistant. The proportion of Dyneema ensures exceptional tear strength with very little expansion. At the same time, the rope is pleasantly easy to handle due to its special braiding in the core as well as in the sheath, despite the numerous segment seams. The MegaTwin 8 mm from Gleistein is also available in open lengths from ART.
Tips for Professional Users can be found at our Youtube Channel. For anyone who would like more inspiration and who can appreciate humour, an entertaining video can be found at Joe Harris with 101 suggestions for using the SnakeTail in real life (“101 uses of the SnakeTail”). Warning: Laughing can extend your life.
- mobile anchor and connecting device
- certified according to EN 795 B and EN 354:02010
- multiple uses e.g. as anchor, redirect, work positioning, connecting device
- adjustable length in 5 cm intervals
- can be applied as adjustable friction management device together with carabiners or redirect pulley
- great abrasion resistance with a wide contact surface thanks to the parallel sewn 8 mm kernmantle Dyneema/Polyester rope
- low stretch and high strength based on the Dyneema content
- variable connection and combination with the ART RopeZipper thanks to the detachable grooved ring
- static load capacity of segment seams up to 4 kN (working load)
- from 5 kN shock absorbing properties with defined tearing of the respective segment seam without affecting the ends minimum breaking strength
- service life: 5 years
- minimum breaking strength: 23 kN
- ring’s inner diameter: 25 mm
- length: ~ 115 cm, weight: ~ 170 g